BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Um.. I'm awesome



Now I've never been one to shy away when I have done something great.  If I did something worth recognizing, it must be publicized and honored.  I'm not saying that I'm prideful, but I'm definitely not modest.  Case in point- I made these amazing cupcakes today.  Tonight is a surprise party for my friend Don (hope he doesn't read this before and ruin the surprise)!  I was assigned to bring cupcakes.  It's no surprise that I love baking.  My roommates hate that fact- since I totally take over the entire kitchen.  I found this recipe online and decided it would be perfect.  Lemon cupcakes with a lemon kiss buttercream icing= delicious!  So I got up early to make them- we won't talk about what is technically 'early' for me on a Saturday morning...  The recipe called for lemon zest (which I've never had to do before) and lemon juice- which I squeezed (squooze?) by hand.  I even made the buttercream frosting from scratch!  I don't think that I have licked the beaters in a long time, but that frosting was too good to let any go to waste!   Anyway, I'm incredibly proud of these and want to show them to all of you.  Enjoy!  Oh, and they DO taste as good as they look!

3 comments:

Emily said...

tdf my dear tdf bring one when you come to visit :) bday is end of the month!

MyrLynn said...

Way to go! How did you get the icing to swirl like that? I am sure they were a hit!

Blue Ribbon Family said...

Those look SINFUL!!!!
Way to go sweetie! You done good! ;)