BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Am I a hypocrite?

I will readily admit that I've read all the 'Twilight' books.  I enjoyed them.  I am not crazy about them like some people.  I am excited about the movie.  I don't think it will meet the standards of what I am expecting, but oh well.  


Last night I went to see 'Eagle Eye' (sidenote: awesome, recommended, go see it NOW) and the preview for 'Twilight' was shown.  After the trailer, people were applauding!  What?  The trailer isn't even that good!  Although I do admit to having a crush on the guy who plays James.  I felt a slight twinge of embarrassment for these people.  

Here is my question.  Have the rabid Twilight fans ruined things for the rest of us?  Is there such hype around this movie that everyone will be disappointed in the end?  Am I a hypocrite for wanting to see the movie, but at the same time feeling sorry for the people who are obsessed (Team Edward bumper sticker, anyone)?  What is the appropriate amount of excitement?  I guess that's more than one question.  Sorry.  Here's the trailer.  You can judge for yourself. 

1 comments:

Emily said...

My darling... see my blog for many more thoughts on twilight but I will agree with you while I am excited for the movie I feel as you do, we are all probably going to be disappointed in the end. I think it was rushed into production and I'm ok with who plays Bella but I don't think the care was taken when translating the book to film like Harry Potter/JK Rowling.

http://thechroniclesofemilymarie.blogspot.com/2008/08/twilight-cast.html