I apologize for the lack of posts for the last little while. There have been a lot of things going on in my life and my head. I didn't want to put anything out there in the blog-o-sphere until I had somewhat organized and controlled my thoughts. Not that they were immoral or murderous thoughts.... anyway...
The thing that I can't get out of my head lately is this one small fact. I turn 30 tomorrow. Ugh. I thought that it would be easy. All of my friends are already 30 or older and now I can be in their little club. But no- starting yesterday, I've been FREAKING OUT!!! I'm trying to think positive about what I have already accomplished in my life but there is A LOT of things I wanted to do before this milestone/gravestone hit. I do have some things in the works. I am going to Europe in the spring, so I can cross that off my list. I don't want this to be a pity party for myself because I am actually really happy with where I am in my life and the opportunities I've had.
I went shopping yesterday and realized that I am already acting and thinking like an old person. That scared the living crap out of me and set off this whole thing. It was all the teenagers riding their skateboards too close to my car, yelling across the food court, the music was loud in the stores and I just wanted nothing more than to leave. It's official- I'm an old lady.
There's pretty much nothing I can say except this- getting older sucks.
0 comments:
Post a Comment