So all my life I've been a magnet for random and weird stories. This is no exception.
Last week I really needed my eyebrows waxed. I called the salon and they happened to have an appointment open that night. I went there, checked in and waited for about 10 minutes until someone came to take me back. The esthetician was named Durango. I was a little nervous because I've never had a guy wax my eyebrows before. I figured that it wasn't such a huge deal since he was (obviously) gay and very stylish- so I thought that he must know what he's doing. Here is a pretty exact transcript of what happened (my thoughts are in italics).
Durango: Ok, so go ahead and take your pants off and get on the table
Me: What? Holy $*%@!
Him: Um, have you never had a bikini wax before?
Me: That's irrelevant because I'm here for an eyebrow wax! My heart is racing!
Him: Oh? OH! Wow! That's totally different! That's in a complete different hemisphere!
Me: Starting to relax, wondering how fast I can get out of the building
Him: Well, I heated up the wrong wax, so go ahead and keep your pants on and lay on the table.
Me: Ok. I lay on the table for the next 5 minutes trying to suppress laughter. Why does all this stuff always happen to me?
Him: I gotta tell you honey, I'm really glad that you weren't getting a bikini wax. Those are horribly awkward for me.
Me: For you?!
Him: I've requested that I not do them because it makes girls uncomfortable for me to do it, even though I'm obviously not dangerous.
Me: Mmmm...
Him: I feel like I owe you though- just because of this mix up. If you want to come back, I'll do one special for you.
Me: Uh huh.... How can I get out of this?! Just hurry up and finish my eyebrows so I can get out of here!
Him: And you can be guaranteed that I'm the only one here with stencils. Know how it's raining outside? I can make you a lightning bolt so you can fit in.
Me: AWKWARD!!!!! I just mumble something and try to change the subject.
That kind of worked, because we talked about uni-brows for the rest of the time. Then he walked me up to the front desk and tried to schedule me for a bikini wax. Argh. Good thing I'm a smooth talker and got out of it with a simple "I'll call you".
So yeah, that's it. Anyone else have these uncomfortable moments more often than I do? I highly doubt it.
3 comments:
I think your new nickname should be "bolt" or "lightning
I have been waiting for a post from you, I can count on you always making me laugh! So, I always have my hairdresser wax my eyebrows while she is shampooing my hair. Never had that mix up before!
OH. MY. WHAT? I was literally CRYING (in my business school building, mind you), I was laughing so hard. Wow. Especially after looking at the family photos. Wow.
Post a Comment